Specialized care includes: ( Medical, Surgical Cases, Occupational Nursing care, Patients with special needs & disease management)
- Burn Care: Patients suffering from mild to severe burns can benefit from home healthcare services like nursing, pain management, wound care, and support for activities of daily living.
- Cancer Care Services: The Angels Health Services nurses and therapists offer specialized care to meet cancer patients’ needs, including: wound, ostomy and continence care, medication management, IV therapy, strength training, and fall prevention.
- Diabetic Care: The Angels Health services comprehensive diabetes care program includes education and lifestyle analysis designed to help improve or maintain quality of life. Nurses offer education and assistance with blood sugar monitoring, meal planning, wound care, foot care, and insulin management.
- Gastroenterology Care: Patients with digestive tract disorders achieve independence and live comfortably at home with nursing, wound, and ostomy care support from The Angels Health Services clinical experts.
- Geriatric Care: Senior citizens have unique emotional, physical and medical needs that require specialized care. The Angels Health Services specializes in the care of older adults and the chronic conditions they often suffer from, including: Alzheimer disease, dementia, arthritis, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, functional disability, and hypertension.
- Heart Care: The Angels Health services home health experts specialize in treating patients with heart conditions like congestive heart failure, as well as those recovering from heart surgeries like coronary artery bypass graft or open-heart surgery.
- Neurological Rehabilitation: The Angels Health Services offers specialized nursing care and rehabilitation services to people with neurological disease, trauma, or brain surgery. Commonly treated neurological conditions include: Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, brain tumors and epilepsy, memory disorders, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and cerebrovascular accident (stroke).
- Orthopedic Care: The Angels Health services Nursing staff competent in rehabilitation services program for patients recovering from orthopedic illness and injury, such as multiple orthopedic trauma, hip fracture surgery, joint replacements, and arthritis.
- Pain Management: Patients with acute or chronic pain achieve and maintain their maximum level of independence and comfort through self-care education, therapy, and skilled nursing services.
- Stroke Recovery: Recovering from a stroke can be physically and emotionally challenging. To help stroke victims regain a quality of life, MedStar VNA provides an interdisciplinary approach to stroke rehabilitation. With help from skilled nurses and physical, occupational and speech therapists, patients are able to relearn skills lost due to stroke.
- Surgery Recovery: After surgery, regaining strength and managing pain can be a challenge. The Angels Health Services offers skilled nurses who specialize in helping patients regain their independence at home post-surgery.
- Transplant Rehabilitation: Recovering from transplant surgery requires specialized care and an individual recovery plan. After a hospital stay, patients may need continued medical care at home. Our skilled nursing services help transplant patients manage new medicines, understand and follow doctor’s orders,
- Wound Care: To meet patients’ wound care needs, a team of the Angels Health services nurses hold a special wound, ostomy and continence care certification. These nurses visit patients’ homes and consult with other nurses to monitor wounds and ensure they show improvement.
- Ostomy Care: With the guidance of our expert, trained wound, ostomy and continence care nurses, patients learn how to care for an ostomy and live comfortably with an ostomy pouch.
- Palliative Care: Our Palliative Care program is designed for patients of all ages who have been diagnosed with incurable conditions. Palliative Care patients and their families require sensitive care as they experience traumatic pain through the stages of life limiting illnesses. Our services customized to improve the quality of life of patients and families dealing with such disease.